The workshop on “Update on Clinical Topics in Antiretroviral Therapy” aims to review the latest practices from a theoretical, practical and interactive perspective. Its main objectives are:
- Review the most updated clinical practices on the treatment of HIV infection, focusing on new ARV drugs and treatments, from all points of view.
- Provide a general view about the Sexually Transmitted Infections on the rise.
- Summarize the key aspects of the current ART international guidelines
- Provide the necessary knowledge and strategies to design treatment for different patient populations, recognize potential drug interactions and manage optimal therapies
- Review the incidence, treatment, and evolution of HIV in the EU.
- Analyze what has been learned from COVID-19 and its relationship with HIV.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Attendees will obtain a comprehensive knowledge on the most updated clinical practices, specially focusing on new ARV drugs and treatment strategies.
- This educational session will enable clinicians and researchers to apply the knowledge acquired in their daily clinical practice, such as design treatment strategies for different patient populations, recognize potential drug interactions and manage optimal therapies.
- The workshop designed to be very interactive, allowing time for discussion, will provide an excellent platform for networking, explore research collaborations, and discuss practical cases.
Event Activities – Program
The workshop will be held live in a face-to-face format and structured around didactic and interactive that will include:
- Lectures from experts in antiretroviral therapy including much time for Q&A sessions.
- Expert open forum interactive sessions: A session with the experts is scheduled. Attendees will be able to discuss in a more informal environment (working groups) clinical cases prepared by the experts leading each break-out group.
- Prior knowledge questionnaire: With the objective to have the learners’ engagement, a multiple-choice test about general HIV clinical topics will have to be submitted at the moment of registration for attendance. This will give a general perception of the audience knowledge prior to the event, giving the chance to compare it and verify their learning after attending the conference.
- Interactive voting: interactive power-vote of the audience will be carried out before and after some of the sessions to share opinions and ideas
An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME®️for CME accreditation of this live event.