Expected Learning Outcomes
- Attendees will obtain a comprehensive knowledge on the most updated clinical practices, specially focusing on new ARV drugs and treatment strategies.
- This educational session will enable clinicians and researchers to apply the knowledge acquired in their daily clinical practice, such as design treatment strategies for different patient populations, recognize potential drug interactions and manage optimal therapies.
- The workshop designed to be very interactive, allowing time for discussion, will provide an excellent platform for networking, explore research collaborations and discuss practical cases.
Event Activities – Program
The workshop will be structured around didactic and interactive that will include:
- Lectures from experts in antiretroviral therapy including much time for Q&A sessions.
- Interactive debate session: Two experts will take standpoints on the debate issue; expose the facts on both points of view encouraging participants’ critical thinking and engagement on the discussion.
- Expert open forum interactive sessions: A session with the experts is scheduled. Attendees will be able to discuss in a more informal environment (working groups) clinical cases prepared by the experts leading each break-out group.
- Industry round table: International medical department representatives from the pharmaceutical industry will discuss the insights into the future of HIV therapies.
- Prior knowledge questionnaire: With the objective to have the learners’ engagement, a multiple-choice test about general HIV clinical topics will have to be submitted at the moment of registration for attendance. This will give a general perception of the audience knowledge prior to the event, giving the chance to compare it and verify their learning after attending the conference.
- Interactive voting : interactive power-vote of the audience will be carried out before and after some of the sessions to share opinions and ideas.
Model to assess learning
An online multiple choice questionnaire will be send to the registered participants well in advance before the workshop. Questions will be directed at assessing their level of knowledge of the specific topics that will be discussed during the event and identify gaps that could be most critical to address during the educational activity. Results of the pre-questionnaire will be extended to the speakers along with key elements that they can consider addressing in their presentations.
The assessment will also guide the organization in organizing the break out session groups in the most optimal manner ensuring all participants benefit from the sessions with the experts. After the finalization of the workshop a test assessing the gain knowledge will be distributed along with the feedback questionnaire for the participants to evaluate the activity.
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
The ‘Update on Clinical Topics in Antiretroviral Therapy ‘ workshop has been submitted for accreditation by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide CME activity for medical specialists, www.uems.net.