Expected Learning Outcomes
- Attendees will obtain a comprehensive knowledge on the most updated clinical practices, specially focusing on new ARV drugs and treatment strategies.
- This educational session will enable clinicians and researchers to apply the knowledge acquired in their daily clinical practice, such as design treatment strategies for different patient populations, recognize potential drug interactions and manage optimal therapies.
- The workshop designed to be very interactive, allowing time for discussion, will provide an excellent platform for networking, explore research collaborations, and discuss practical cases.
Event Activities – Program
The workshop will be structured around didactic and interactive that will include:
- Lectures from experts including much time for Q&A sessions.
- Expert open forum interactive sessions: Attendees will be able to discuss in a more informal environment clinical cases prepared by the experts. They will also be welcomed to submit their clinical cases for review and discussion.
- Prior knowledge questionnaire: With the objective to have the learners’ engagement, a multiple-choice test about general HIV clinical topics will have to be submitted at the moment of registration for attendance. This will give a general perception of the audience knowledge prior to the event, giving the chance to compare it and verify their learning after attending the conference.
- Interactive voting: interactive power-vote of the audience will be carried out before the live session to share opinions and ideas.
- Additional exclusive content by key speakers will be available afterwards for registered participants.
Model to assess learning
An online multiple choice questionnaire will be sent to the registered participants well in advance before the workshop. Questions will be directed at assessing their level of knowledge of the specific topics that will be discussed during the event and identify gaps that could be most critical to address during the educational activity. Results of the pre-questionnaire will be extended to the speakers along with key elements that they can consider addressing in their presentations.
After the finalization of the workshop a feedback questionnaire will be sent to the participants to evaluate the activity.
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
The workshop has been submitted for accreditation by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide CME credits for medical specialists.